These days the world is upside-down because of coronavirus. It’s hard to believe that these horrible things are happening for real, but I think that we can make a little change and potentially slow down the spread of the virus. How? By boosting our immune system.
I had a lot of researches about essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that our body needs to be healthy and strong, so I picked my favorite foods that I use to boost my immune system and I would love to share it with you:
- MUSHROOMS. High in selenium, vitamins B and D, which is very important to our immune system to work in the best form.
- LEAFY GREENS and GREEN VEGGIES. High in fiber, magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron, vitamins C and A, beta-carotene, and folates.
- TURMERIC. Anti-inflammatory, fights off a variety of viruses.
- GINGER. High in antioxidants, boost metabolic processes, has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- POMEGRANATE. Fights bad bacteria and viruses, improves good gut health.
- GARLIC. Rich in antioxidants, has anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- BLUEBERRIES. High in antioxidants, vitamin C, K, also high in fiber.
- GREEN/BLACK TEA. Good source of antioxidants and amino acids.
Other immune system boosters
For a full complex for your immune system boost, I recommend you to:
- Eat a lot of unprocessed vegetables and fruits.
- Reduce or eliminate processed foods and sugar.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Move your body, do some exercises.
- Try to get sunshine, if it’s not possible, take vitamin D supplements.
- Cope with stress, try to meditate or do some activities that you love.
I must say that. Even the strongest immune system does not allow you to break the quarantine rules. The most important duty for you is to don’t get coronavirus, so:
Keep your DISTANCE. AVOID CONTACT with people and surfaces. Better STAY AT HOME.