Well, this cashew cream is a life-changer!
I genuinely recommend it as one of the must-have ingredients in the kitchen for everyone, but especially for all the plant-based, vegan, raw vegan, keto diet people. It is a useful ingredient not only to enrich your recipes with fantastic taste and creamy texture but also to do it cruelty-free without any use of animal or dairy products.
To make this recipe, you will only spend about 5 minutes, but it will make a big difference in your daily cooking because cashew cream can be used in many ways:
- dressings for salad,
- sauces for pasta,
- sauces for vegetable stir-fries,
- cheese dips,
- spreads (for chips, vegetables or a delicious breakfast bagel),
- whipped creams,
- tofu scrambles.
Health benefit of cashew cream:
- Good for your heart, eyes and bones health,
- Plant-based protein source:
– one serving of raw cashews (about 18 whole cashews) contains ~ 5 grams of protein.
-vitamins: E, B6, and K.
– minerals: zinc, iron, phosphorus, selenium, and copper.
- Good source of healthy fats.
So as you know, right now, it will be just delicious for your taste buds and very good for your health!
One last very important thing!
If you want to get only benefits from cashews and don’t want to get any digestion issues, you MUST soak the nuts before using it. Soak cashews for 8 hours or overnight in cold water. Trust me, when you see that terrible looking water, in which you soaked the nuts, in the future, that view will come into your mind before you decide to eat unsoaked nuts.
Alright, let’s jump to the recipe…
- 1 cup Raw cashews (150 grams.)
- ½ or ¾ cup of water (depends on the desired thickness of the cashew cream)
- ⅓ tsp salt
- Soak nuts in the cold water for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Wash soaked nuts and put all the ingredients into the high-speed blender (like Vitamix).
- Blend it on high speed till you get silky-smooth texture cashew cream.
- Let the cashew cream cool down to the room temperature and enjoy it!